Please note: We cannot ship this item to California.
This listing is for one of the following items, please choose which one you want when you make your purchase.
The Infinity 506 and Infinity 508 ECUs deliver state-of-the-art electronic fuel injection (EFI) control capabilities typically found only at upper echelons of Motorsports. Through the Infinity ECU, AEM makes this technology affordable for both professional race teams and amateur racers.
200MHz Processor and Real Time Operating System
Late model vehicle ECU’s all run on faster processors. The Infinity ECU is built around a latest-generation 32 bit floating point 200MHz automotive processor and Real Time Operating System (RTOS), which is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). By comparison, common competitive systems typically use 20MHz to 50MHz processors. To AEM's knowledge, the Infinity ECU currently has the fastest processing speed of any aftermarket Motorsports ECU available. This allows the Infinity to do more, faster, in a more stable programming environment.
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS makes the Infinity more responsive, for a better driving experience
- The Infinity’s 200MHz processor and RTOS allows for more accurate ignition timing, which enables an engine to create more power
- The Infinity’s faster processor allows it to perform more computational features with no sacrifice in processing performance
- The Infinity’s RTOS ensures strategic processing with optimized load balancing. This means that tuning one feature will not affect the performance of another feature
THE SERIES 5 PLATFORM
The Infinity 506 and Infinity 508 ECU is an affordable state-of-the-art engine control unit designed for four- and six-cylinder racing engines and racing engines with up to 8 cylinders that are using high-impedance injectors. Extensive research and development was put into designing the Infinity Series 5 to ensure that it delivers an unmatched price point for this level of engine control.
The Infinity 506 is designed for racing engines with up to 6 cylinders. It features a smaller footprint than the Infinity Series 7 (5.855” x 5.55” x 1.8”) and a single, weatherproof 80-pin connector.
The Infinity 508 is designed for high performance V8 crate engines and race engines using high impedance injectors with up to 8 cylinders.
SELECTING THE RIGHT INFINITY ECU
Infinity ECU modules are designed for maximum flexibility across many types of applications. ECU modules and harnesses are sold separately for both Supported and Plug & Play applications. Choose the ideal Infinity ECU based on your application’s ignition and fuel injector output requirements using the Infinity Specifications Chart, and then choose between our available Plug & Play or Universal harnesses to create the Infinity solution that suits your specific needs.
SUPPORTED vs. PLUG & PLAY APPLICATIONS
The Infinity ECU delivers comparable tuning functionality regardless of application type. It is available for a wide variety of applications in two distinct forms:
- Infinity Supported applications refer to an engine family or cam/crank pattern for which the Infinity ECU has been tested and validated to run. However, certain ancillary vehicle systems (such as factory instrument clusters, automatic transmissions, and certain drive by wire throttles), may not be supported.
- The setup Wizard included with the InfinityTuner user interface software dramatically simplifies initial tuning configuration to help ensure successful initial startup for Supported applications.
- Wiring is required for Supported applications. AEM offers Universal wiring harnesses in several iterations and detailed application-specific wiring instructions/schematics.
Plug & Play Applications (Sold Separately)
Infinity Plug & Play applications are available for select vehicles. Plug & Play applications support a vehicle’s engine and most other ancillary vehicle systems, and include application-specific start up calibrations. The Infinity Plug & Play harness (sold separately) connects directly into the vehicle’s factory ECU harness and requires no additional wiring.
The Infinity Series 5 include all of the advanced features found in the Infinity Series 7 including the latest generation 200 MHz automotive processor that can process 400 MIPS. Airflow model-based (VE) tuning eliminates lookup of many correction tables needed in previous generation ECUs. Flex-fuel and multi-fuel capability, on-board wideband air/fuel control, map switching and knock control are included. Engine protection strategies include coolant temp, oil temp, AFR vs. MAP, intake air temp, knock and fuel pressure. Programmable drive-by-wire, variable cam timing, boost control, nitrous control and traction control are included. Data logging up to 64 GB via a removable USB drive is standard with logging rates up to 1 KHz per channel. The Infinity Series 5 is able to communicate with 3rd party dashes and loggers and is AEMnet enabled. All maps can be password protected. Its sealed enclosure and IP67-rated communications ports are suitable for engine bay mounting.
Sold separately: AEM offers a universal flying lead harness and a Plug & Pin Kit for the Infinity Series 5. Plug & Play adapter harnesses are available for select 4- and 6-cylinder applications. Please visit the Plug & Play section of the website for more information.
- Airflow model based (VE) tuning
- ECU Set Up Wizard simplifies start up
- Flex Fuel compatible
- Multi fuel capable
- Drive by wire
- Variable valve control
- Multiple boost control strategies
- Nitrous control
- Map switching (on-the-fly)
- Internal wideband UEGO air/fuel controller
- Dual knock sensing circuits
- Data logging up to 64 GB
- Outputs to 3rd party dashes and loggers (via CAN bus only)
- Industry leading transfer speed
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Sealed enclosure and IP67-rated comms ports
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE AT HTTP://WWW.SEMASAN.COM/EMISSIONS FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
This installation is not for the tuning novice! Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM Infinity Programmable EMS allows for total flexibility in engine tuning. Misuse or improper tuning of this product can destroy your engine! If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of engine management systems DO NOT attempt the installation. Refer the installation to an AEM-trained tuning shop or contact AEM for technical assistance.
NOTE: All supplied AEM calibrations, Wizards and other tuning information are offered as potential starting points only. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ENGINE TUNER TO ULTIMATELY CONFIRM IF THE CALIBRATION IS SAFE FOR ITS INTENDED USE. Phoenix Tuning holds no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse or mistuning of this product!